Autumn day

2013 was a busy year for me, with all that was going on with the house building and renovations, and settling into a homeschooling routine, that my poor camera got a bit neglected. In fact there is a gap of about two months in the middle of last year where I didn't take one. single. photo! Which is quite unlike me.

So I've been reacquainting myself with my camera lately, and taking some photos just because, just for fun, not to document anything in particular. When I have my camera on hand I find it helps me to stop and notice the little things around me, and appreciate them.

I took these photos on Wednesday, a beautiful Autumn day.

Autumn day

One of my favourite things about Autumn - feijoas falling from the trees outside!

Autumn day

We went to the library in the morning and all these magazines were in the swap basket - yay! Thank you to whoever bought them in, they shall be appreciated and read cover to cover. Such a great idea to share our old magazines with each other.

Autumn day

A new recipe tried, it's a keeper - Chewy Ginger Thin Cookies (Paleo)
(note: I didn't really 'cream' my coconut as my blender is not that great and they still came out delicious. I soaked my dates in a little water to soften them and then added a bit more coconut to counteract the date 'juice'.)

Autumn day

Everything is looking pretty dried out in the garden now, I spied this lady watching me as I was taking some photos.

Autumn day

Autumn day

Autumn day

Liam has been collecting leaves and flowers.

Autumn day

We collect milk from the farm on a Wednesday, and recently this roadside store has appeared, so nice to top up with some home grown veges and support a local grower.

Autumn day

Autumn day

Autumn day

Autumn day

The kids have been painting up a storm of late, we put on some classical music and it's so nice and calm and relaxing, and QUIET for a while. I even get to sit down with a coffee and read the paper.

Autmn day

Appreciating the late afternoon Autumn light.

Autumn day

Wishing you all a lovely weekend. Maybe get your camera out and take some photos, or at least just stop and notice and appreciate the little things around you.

1 comment

Mee said...

Lovely lovely photos xx