With a mighty triumph o'er His foes,
He arose the victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever with His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah, Christ arose!"
lyrics and composer: Robert Lowry, 1874
Happy Easter everyone! We have been having a very chilled Easter this year, the kids and I have a cold so we've just been chilling and laying low.
- And making a few Easter treats. I cant bring myself to buy Easter eggs these days, too much sugar, and other things that we don't like to eat. Plus when you're not used to having much sugar in your diet they are actually just far too sweet, they just don't taste good anymore.
But these, OH. YUM. Really, these are seriously so much tastier. SERIOUSLY. YOU HAVE TO TRY MAKING THESE.
We made two different types of eggs...
For the first lot
- we melted dark chocolate (70% - 80% cocoa) and brushed it into silicone moulds. We did a few thin layers, putting it in the fridge to let it set a bit between layers.
- then we filled some with peanut butter
- and some with coconut filling which was a mixture of coconut, coconut butter and vanilla essence.
- then brushed or spooned melted chocolate on top.
- then we froze them so they ended up delicious and crunchy.
For the second lot
- we peeled and halved feijoas and put them in the freezer for a bit so they were cold and firm.
- then covered them with a thin layer of the melted chocolate.
- we left these ones on the fridge so the chocolate was crunchy on the outside but the centre was soft.
Sooo good! oh my goodness, you have to try making these!
We are all craving some hot cross buns as well, so we thought we might give this recipe a go - will let you know if they are a success. The BePure Champion Hot Cross Muffin Recipe.