TRIED AND TESTED - Coconut banana berry muffins (grain and refined sugar free)

I thought I would start sharing with you some of my tried and tested and favourite recipes. It's good to get recipe recommendations, especially when you are trying to cook gluten free or grain free or refined sugar free. You can spend ages trying to find suitable recipes, there are so many recipes out there that promise deliciousness but sadly fail to deliver! Have you had that experience? It's so disheartening - wasted time, and wasted ingredients - not cool.
 
A friend and myself have been running cooking classes over the last couple of years. We help people who are just starting out on the real food / restricted diet journey. We give them tips and ideas and share with them some of our favourite recipes. Tried and tested recipes, yummy recipes, that actually work, don't have a huge long list of ingredients, and are quick and simple to make - that's what we're all about.
 
So I'm going to share the recipe sharing love around and with you guys too :) I will label all these recipes TRIED AND TESTED so you will be able to find them in my side bar once I start adding more.
 
 
These are my new favourite muffins at the moment, I am making them on a weekly basis.
They tick all the boxes.
 
 :: COCONUT BANANA BERRY MUFFINS ::
 
You can find the original recipe here at The Hearty Soul. I have made a few little amendments - I have reduced the maple syrup and added the tapioca and ground nuts/seeds to make them a little more dense. Normally I make double the recipe and freeze some so we can enjoy them all week. (When I double the recipe I don't double the fruit - just do 3 bananas and 1 1/2 cups berries.)
 
- 2 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup ground nuts/seeds (ones in photo had almond, last time I used sunflower and flax seeds)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic berries
 
Mix together all the ingredients except for the berries (you can use a blender if you wish). Stir the berries through at the end (I often chop up some of the bigger ones).
Pour into lined muffin tins.
Bake at 180 c for about 15 minutes.
 

No comments