Things I make

Good morning, I hope you had a nice weekend.
I thought I'd share some recipies today for two things that I make all the time.

Firsty, baby wipes solution. This stuff is great, it smells lovely and makes nappy changing so much easier. I spray this onto wet cloth wipes but you could use it to soak paper towels to make your own disposable wipes or use it on bought wipes to give them a boost. I keep mine in a little spray bottle that's small enough to take in my nappy bag with me.



:: Baby wipes solution ::

1 Tbsp almond oil (you could use apricot or olive etc)
1 Tbsp liquid baby soap ( I actually used Ecostore baby shampoo for this lot)
2 drops tea tree oil
1 drop lavender oil
1 cup warm water
Shake everything together in a bottle, then transfer some into a little spray bottle for use.

And secondly, our daily bread.
I think this is the best bread recipe in the world. It makes a lovely hearty loaf, which is just the way I like my bread and you don't have to knead it!



:: Easy no-knead bread ::

(makes 2 loaves)
- 8 cups of flour (this can be a mix of whatever you'd like, at the moment I'm doing one loaf at a time so halving the amounts and using 2 cups white, 1 cup wholewheat, 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1/4 cup ground linseed, and throwing in some pumpkin and sunflower seeds.)
**I never use only white flour.
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 2 heaped Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 pints warm water with (optional) 1 heaped Tbsp molasses dissolved in it.



Mix everything together and leave it to rise to about double its size. I separate mine into two bowls and add cinnamon and raisins to one. Bake in two pans at 200 c for 15 mins then at 160 c for about 45 mins + (until a scewer comes out clean).

This bread dissapears pretty quickly in our house, I had planned to share it before this but I haven't been quick enough to be able to get a photo of it before now!

13 comments

busygnomes said...

I'm always on the lookout for new bread recipes, we make a machine loaf everyday but once a week it's nice to make it from scatch. It will be on the to do list tommorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love your bread, I really should get around to making some myself.
Hope the sun is shinning on you and the kiddies are smiling

Our Green Nest said...

Just wanted to tell you I LOVE your bread recipe! Love it!! I'm making 2 loaves today- YUM!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, i have just made your lovely bread recipe, but just wondering what is the texture of your bread when you make it?

It seems i am yet to find the secret to fluffy bread!

hanna said...

Hi there
Yes this bread is a heavy bread. This is how I like my bread, heavy and grainy.
Have you heard of the book 'Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day' ? You may be able to get it from your local library. Their recipes make a light fluffy kind of loaf with a chewy crust.
x
Hanna

julie said...

I have made it today and it's very good in a wet, heavy way. Dead easy too!
Thanks :)

hanna said...

Hi Julie
It is a heavy grainy bread, but shouldn't be wet heavy. You may have needed to cook it longer. I always test mine with a skewer - the skewer should come out clean when it's done.
xx

rach said...

Hi there. i was just wondering after the first rising , do u have to punch the dough down and let it rise again? thanks! (:

hanna said...

Hi Rach - no you don't need to punch down and rise again.

Anonymous said...

hi hanna, when you say 2 TBSP yeast, can i use the instant yeast in the sachet? thank you, have tried the quick bread and it came out beautiful. cheers, anh

Anonymous said...

sorry more question! is 1 1/2 pints water equivalent 750ml? thank you, anh

hanna said...

Hi, yes the instant yeast. I just googled to convert pint to ml and it came out about 710ml :)

anh said...

thanks hanna, will try soon and let you know, have a good day! :-)