Beautiful Spring day today

I love days like this, beautiful and sunny but with a gentle breeze, not too hot, just perfect. We have a really sheltered backyard and it just gets SO hot out there in summer, it's kind of unbearable. In summer I have to get my gardening done either early morning or late afternoon, otherwise I almost pass out with the heat!

 
I'm starting to think about my vegetable garden now, last year we were so busy finishing off the house that all I managed to get planted were tomatoes. So I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time out there this year and get lots of good stuff growing. My garlic I planted in June is looking a bit pathetic so I gave a it a good mulch today with horse manure and rotted sawdust.
 
 
 
 
 
The kids joined me outside with some mud pie making on the agenda. Isla got a bit wet in the clean up, and then they decided to go the full hog and drench themselves top to toe and make a nice mud puddle in the lawn to slide through.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment

Mee said...

Mud glorious mud...etc. Yuk! is all I can say :)