Typography art - DIY

Sorry, no favourites for Friday this week, instead I have for you some DIY artwork I created today for my kitchen. (And sorry my camera seems to really be dying so I'm doing the best I can with my photos!)


I love this quote, it's definitely my morning motto! I also love the one that says something along the lines of "I love going to bed, because in the morning I get coffee" - always makes me smile :)
I had a few of these prints pinned on Pinterest with the idea of making one myself one day. I had been holding off on making one as we will probably be moving our coffee machine to another space in the kitchen once we have the cabinets for it organised, but really, that may be a while away yet, and I was feeling the need to do something creative!


By the way, if you are interested in dabbling in a bit of graphic design at home, I made this print using Gimp. Gimp is a free program that you can download on to your computer and is similar to Photoshop or Illustrator.
The Fonts I used are from DaFont which has an amazing variety of free fonts. Perhaps I am a bit of a font geek but I can easily loose an hour or so searching for fonts on this site! I love the way different fonts can communicate such different messages.

2 comments

Mee said...

Love it! Now...a new coffee machine to go with the gorgeous graphic!

Frith said...

I agree looks cool as! I know how much you LOVE your morning coffee!! xx