Making new pillows

I was feeling the need to add some new pillows to the couch, freshen things up a bit.  It's very tempting to go out and just purchase some new ones, but instead I thought I should make use of some of my hoards of fabric and give my poor sewing machine a little bit of attention - it really gets so neglected these days.

making new pillows

Wrap, cut, fold, sew, x 2, and we have two new pillow covers. It took all of about 10 minutes, the longest part was choosing the fabric. I just made simple envelope fold covers so no zips or buttons to sew and I used the salvage of the fabric as the exposed edge so they were so quick and simple. (The one on the right Liam bought me, isn't he a lovely boy).

making new pillows

making new pillows

I have an old bean bag that needs re-covering so I should get on to that next. It's not so simple though, I'll need to draught a pattern for it which is always a bit of a drag - I just love a quick fix and a 10 minute fold over zippity zip cushion cover is just so satisfying!

3 comments

Anonymous said...

Love them!!! Adore your paintings below too! Isla you are so beautiful!!! xx Stace

Liesl Made said...

What a great upgrade. :)

Unknown said...

That look great. Thinking of you today as there is a new look from Villeroy & Bosch.