Thursday, October 15, 2009

New bath mats



Frith and I both made the bathroom mat from Handmade Home, in the same week, coincidentally. It's a fun and quick project. I managed to get mine all made from start to finish while Isla was sleeping, which says a lot, because her day sleeps are very often short and interrupted.
-
-
Frith emailed me the picture of hers a few days ago. When I told her I was going to show them on here she said she'd send me a better picture. But I think this photo is just perfect. Don't you think? Just look at those gorgeous baby toes.



The mat is made using an old towel. I used half of the towel for the bottom of the mat and then the rest of the towel is cut into strips and sewn on top. I used fabric from an old sheet as my middle layer.
-
I like how the addition of a new little something to a room can freshen it up.
And this one feels so soft underfoot.

13 comments:

Sharonnz said...

Love! Refreshing colour combos!

Rhea said...

They look lovely.
Coincidentally, I just started this project last night. You've inspired me to get it out and finish it despite being so tired from school holidays!

Angie said...

I keep seeing this little project around the place....it is such a great looking project, I'll have to get the book.

I love the colours you both used.

Sara said...

I recognized the bathmat before I could even read it! I finished reading that book cover to cover a few weeks ago and can't wait to start a project from it. Now which one should I choose....

Yours looks great!

Our Green Nest said...

So so pretty! Love both of them!

teacup adventure said...

it turned out great! I love the floral pattern!

Rachel said...

Love this idea! Our bathmat is terrible and I haven't been able to find one I like. And guess what I happen to have in my closet? An old bath towel and a patterned sheet I love. Weekend project!

Heart Felt said...

They look great ~ YES love those baby toes! xx

BellaBree said...

hey doll! I made a patchwork type of one last week, and low and behold Tiny Happy posted the same style of one...teehee, us gals must think in streamlined thoughts!....cute mat sugar!

Pink & Green Mama said...

Lovely!! I've been wanting to make one too, this might just be the push I need to do it. I think it would make a lovely addition to our bathroom (that I just repainted) : )

Leahdis said...

I love your mat. So on my to do list. I made a little garden thanks to you...yay go check it out. Thanks for the shove. lol

Alex said...

I love these china bathmats specially the color combination you used thanks for sharing this kind of information and please keep updating us.

Mindee said...

So colorful and pretty!! I love the greens and blues!