My kitchen

I'm in spring cleaning mode (even though it's Autumn). My terms are so busy teaching the kids and running them here and there, so I enjoy having some free time during the holiday that I can use to get on top of things, things that get ignored during the busy term. I also spend some time in the kitchen making bulk meals for the freezer - which are SOOO appreciated during the term.
 
 
I printed off a very thorough spring cleaning list from the internet and spent a morning getting the kitchen all spick and span. The kids gave me a hand, they happily get busy if I give them a spray bottle and cloth of their own. (By the way, use this recipe to make your own natural spray). 
 
It felt so good to give the kitchen a deep clean, we even tidied and wiped out all the cupboards and drawers. Isla even cleaned the toaster and the kettle for me. Every single surface got cleaned and polished and the lights were wiped of all the fly dirt, ewww!
 
 
 
I took the opportunity while it was clean to take some photos of my new (90%) finished kitchen. A bit different from my cute little old one person kitchen - (which I did love for it's funny little ways). I say 90% because there still a few cupboards that need to be added - one above the microwave and one above the oven which will hold the extractor fan. Plus we need to tile the wall behind the oven.
 
 


 
I've also managed to give the bathrooms a 'spring' clean and the laundry. I've cleared out a whole lot of stuff too and taken it to the opp shop, it's so therapeutic! But now I have a cold and my energy levels are rather low, so I'm not sure if I will get to the bedrooms and lounge. Pretty happy with what I achieved anyway, the other rooms can wait till the next school holidays!

No comments