Putting up the Christmas tree

Our house is filled with the smell of Christmas, I love it, that smell just means Christmas to me! I have to have a real tree, the smell just always brings back the memories of past Christmases, it's amazing how smells can transport you. The needles can be a bit of a pain, Aaron would probably prefer an artificial one for that reason, but I don't mind vacuuming up the needles, it's worth it. Liam and I went to pick the tree up on Sunday afternoon, I assured Aaron that they don't really drop that many needles, haha! you should have seen the trail of needles through the house when I was done positioning it :).


We've been hanging our decorations on it over the last few days. I'm not into colour co-ordinating or sticking to a particular theme. We have an assortment of all sorts of decorations that have been collected over the years, a lot from Aaron's Grandparents that I happily rehomed when they moved to Australia, there are all sorts of interesting ones, and I like it that way.


We've been talking about lots of the traditions of Christmas, and what they mean to us.
- The evergreen is the colour of life, and Jesus brings us everlasting life
- The shape of the tree points to heaven
- The lights remind us of Jesus who is the Light of the World.
- The star on top reminds us of the star that led the wise men to baby Jesus.

 "Star of wonder, star of night. Star of royal beauty bright. Westward leading, still proceeding, guide us to thy perfect Light."

1 comment

Mee said...

Looking forward to enjoying yours this year. Haven't got one myself-first time EVER!Keep telling myself and then forgetting, to plant a few so i can have one on hand. This autumn....