Almost Spring in the garden

Ahhh, it's almost Spring in the garden, and very much feeling so. We have been having some lovely Spring-like days and have been getting out there as much as possible. Dreaming and planning and preparing for the coming season.

Almost Spring
Almost Spring
Isla making rabbit food. Liam making a worm farm.

Almost Spring
Almost Spring
My first Iris to flower, in memory of my grandma Iris who passed away this year.

Almost Spring
Almost Spring
We are looking forward to those broadbeans on the way, the kids love them. And they love searching out ripe guavas!

Almost Spring
Almost Spring
Finally got my garlic into the ground.

Almost Spring
Almost Spring
Mum came to stay last week and was a great help in the garden (thanks mum). We have now added another blueberry, a grapefruit, a nashi pear, two grapes, a bay tree, some pretty ornamental plants, sweet peas - and a bird feeder :) to the garden.

Almost Spring
Almost Spring
Some small heads of brocolli are emerging from my jungle of self-seeded plants :)

Almost Spring
Almost Spring
Lots of planning happening. Lots of time spent searching through seed catalogues trying to make decisions! My next task is to try and decide what tomatoes I want to plant, there are so many amazing varieties to choose from. Anyone have some favourites they can recommend?

7 comments

Anonymous said...

Aunty Bry knows a good one-great for pulping and drying and disease resistant and grows easily from laterals too. You'll have to email her as my memory fails me as to the name. My, your garden looks better than when I saw it last!! Spring must be on it's way!

Holly C. said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma!

I love seeing what's in your garden.

Flower said...

Always love your posts Hannah! We were just talking this morning about chitting some potatoes and sorting seed ready for the glass house. I really need to get in there with some warm soapy water....only the mammoth spiders are making me just a little reluctant!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos - can almost smell each unique plant they are so good. Love the bird feeder. Your garden is getting so full of interesting food. Love GG

{call me satch} said...

last year we grew a heirloom tomato called black russian i think, it was delcious and a cool colour too x

Anonymous said...

Are those the iris bulbs I gave you? Garden looks good, must come up again one of these days xx

Tamara said...

oh my son & i are so enjoying that creepy crawler -- such lovely pictures! we are gearing up for fall if this summer weather will ever fade.