House update

I've promised many that I would show some more photos of the house progress. I need to take some more photos now, as things have progressed further since I took these, we now have paint on the outside (what you see below is just the undercoat).
The next fine weather we get, I'll go out and take some more pictures.

using the new space

So the outside just needs one more coat of paint now, and a few finishing touches here and there - I won't bore you with the details :). But because we are now working on our own, without the builders, it is a slow process. Hopefully by next month we will be working on finishing the inside. But in the mean time, we are enjoying using the extra space anyway. We spend a lot of time out there, in amongst the bits of wood and building tools. The room gets a lot of sun so it has been nice to be able to warm up our winter days and have some extra space to run around when it's raining outside. I even set up my overlocker out there and did a bit of sewing while the kids were playing. And, horrors, I have even been caught hanging up a wee washing line, I mean really, how could I not make use of that beautiful washing drying sort of warm sunshine on a winter's day!

using the new space

using the new space

using the new space

using the new space

using the new space

using the new space

using the new space

6 comments

{call me satch} said...

i love it, looks so homely already, i love the shot of you two on the couch with the little teapot at your feet, so sweet :)

Mee said...

Looking good! And is that Liam pulling his 'face' out the window? Seems a favourite with him these days!

frangipani said...

Great that despite the chaos of renovation you are still able to find a place for your sewing machine!

Holly C. said...

It's wonderful that you have more space to live and play in.

Also, I see that you are putting your lovely beach blanket to go to good use!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos Hanna on the last 2 blogs - great for the grandparents. That " melt in you mouth " look on Liam's face with his digger cake... to cherish.
So precious meeting their cousin also. Can't wait for my turn soon to see you all!
Love
GG

Tamara said...

it looks great! it must be so fun to be able to enjoy the space already. wonderful.