Chocolate brownie in a jar

Something sweet to start off the week. Because really, sometimes you need a little chocolate on a Monday morning don't you think, especially when the wee girl decides the week should start at 5am. Of course not that there are any of these brownies left in the biscuit jar now.
My friend gave me this ingenious present for my birthday, what a great idea, the kids thought it was very cool. All the ingredients are layered all pretty in the jar (before the kids get their hands on it and mix it up a little). You just need to add some melted butter, eggs and vanilla essence.





And so you end up some freshly baked delicious chocolate brownies, and a glass storage jar, because you can never really have to many glass jars I say.



Here is the recipe, but of course you could do this with any of your favourite recipies.

:: Chocolate brownie in a jar ::

In the jar is:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips

All you have to do is...
Melt 150 gms butter and allow to cool slightly. Mix contents of jar in a bowl. Add 3 eggs lightly beaten. Add melted butter. Add 1 tsp vanilla essence.
Bake at 180 c for approx 30 mins, until just firm when pressed in the centre.

11 comments

Mrs Knight said...

ive seen this before such a sweet idea!!! loves your jars neatly lined up! mine seem to get all mixed up n untidy! thatl be why i put a lovely curtain up a few weeks back. inspired to make cookies now x

Holly C. said...

I love the brownies in a jar, cookies in a jar, etc.

I've been admiring all your glass jars. So pretty!

sewfunky said...

YUM!

I store all my pantry items in old agee jars - awesome! :)

Big and Little said...

I had never made brownies before but this has become one of my kids favourites. They ove the fact that the "magic" jar had everything ready for them.

kate said...

That is such a great idea. It is cool the things you can find whilst procrastinating your morning away on the internet. Your blog is a favourite place to procrastinate and pick up yummy recipes

Lise said...

I've seen jars like this as gifts, but somehow, reading your post, it only just occurred to me that I could mix some up for myself (so that when the urge for chocolate arrives at naptime, the brownies are practically already made!). Thanks for the recipe.

Dee said...

i see that nettle tea.... :)
i should loathe it, but it's one of my faves now (and besides it reminds me of my pregnancies and newborn babes)
Dee

Cut&Alter said...

I bought one of these recently at the church fair - aren't they awesome. Such a great idea for a gift. Must remember for Christmas! x

Mousy Brown said...

I love this idea and seeing all your lovely jars neatly lined up reminded me to go and sort out my larder - Thanks! :D

Rhiannon said...

Yum! Will file that idea for xmas gifts : ) thanks!

Stella said...

Yes this is such a gorgeous idea! I've been wanting to do the same for my little nephew, but he's the sort of kid that it could really go either way in terms of how welcoming his reception is! Oh dear, maybe I'll find another little person who loves to bake!